1. Within 2 working days of receiving your complaint we will record it in our central register and open a separate file for it.
2. We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps:
- We will pass your complaint to our Client Care Partner within 5 working days.
- He will ask the member of staff who acted for you to reply to your complaint within 5 working days thereafter.
- He will then examine their reply and the information in your complaint file and, if necessary, he may also speak to them. This will take up to 5 working days from receiving their reply and the file.
3. Our Client Care Partner will then write to you with his preliminary findings, providing any suggestions for resolving the matter that may be considered appropriate. He may invite you to a meeting and discuss (and hopefully resolve) your complaint. He will do this within 5 working days of completing his review. We intend to provide you with a full response within 20 working days of receiving your complaint.
4. Within 7 working days of any meeting our Client Care Partner will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions agreed with you.
5. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you must contact us again. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways:
- Another partner of the firm will review our Client Care Partner’s decision within 7 working days.
- We may ask you to consider independent mediation.
If we have to change any of the timescales above we will let you know and explain why.
6. After this process, we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
7. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman about your complaint. You must do so:
- Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint; and
- No more than one year from the date of act/omission; or
- o more than one year from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
Legal Ombudsman Contact details
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ